Welcome to the Georgetown University’s Accounts Payable Department website. The Accounts Payable Department is a functional part of Georgetown Sourcing & Procurement Services (GS&PS). Accounts Payable’s mission is to provide timely and accurate payments while providing responsive and quality services to the University Community, vendors, and students, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Accounts Payable is primarily responsible for processing payment documents related to Purchase Orders, Check Requests, Supplier Invoices, using the Payment Request process (Payment Requests) as well as expense reimbursements made to University employees. Functions of this area also include the following:
1. Printing and distributing checks
2. Monitoring vendor statements
3. Researching returned checks & ACH
4. Processing credit invoices
5. Maintaining permanent records of backup documentation for payments
6. Providing assistance and direction to departments in settling disputes with vendors
7. Providing follow-up services on outstanding payments and resolving problems which may arise
8. Verifying that adequate backup documentation exists prior to authorizing the release of checks to vendors.
We recognize the importance of maintaining productive relationships with the University community and our suppliers, and we strive to provide professional and courteous service to both our internal and external customers while ensuring an expedient disbursement process.
Direct Accounts Payable questions to FAService@georgetown.edu or 202-687-4848.